06 September 2010

welcome to my world

All things crochet in today’s modern world, this blog will attempt to paint a picture of how crochet has evolved from a contemporary art in the 1970s into a modern art movement and cult following in 2010.

As a self-taught, otherwise-inspired crotchetier under the age of 70, crochet is like any other addictive form of self-expression and I find cannot function in daily life without some type of yarny goodness emerging from my hook.

Crochet has come a long way from your Grandmother's pot-holders and toilet roll covers... from the inventive to the slightly absurd, I’m hoping this blog will introduce you to a few of them.

crochet fish fillet

4 comments:

  1. Hello from a fellow crafter :) I wish I had more time to craft these days and I must admit that crochet is one skills that I haven't learnt .... yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant bio post. I love a good yarn.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting idea, look forward to reading more.

    Timbo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a brilliant idea!
    Looking forward to your posts.

    My first crotchet attempt was to make a hat for my doll at age 7. It became a handbag with my Mum's help and sadly, that was where my crotchet-ing career halted...looking forward to some inspiration to get me back on the hook :)

    ReplyDelete